Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Other Cheek

Turning the other cheek doesn’t technically mean taking the punch and dealing with the pain. Personally I decipher it as allowing that person to continue their blows while simply ignoring the hurt, knowing that no matter what they do, they cannot actually do anything to you. If a person like me cannot learn to do such thing, they will live their whole lives hurting, instead of finding protection and comfort, without other people’s support. Recently I’ve discovered I’ve been allowing myself to get beat down when others have started to tell me the jobs I do aren’t good enough. I have to learn to allow these comments to roll off my back, otherwise what kind of life am I living? Introvert, extrovert. People who gain energy from being alone, or from themselves, or people who gain energy from being surrounded by others, or from others. Basically, the question is, can you, I, anyone, allow others to become merely people instead of authority, in order to turn the other cheek? Food for thought. Night folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment