Tuesday, March 30, 2010

good times bad times

Every moment, every second, every heartbeat is a test. We know that God tests us, for He tells us that the testing of your faith develops perserverance in James 1. We know that bad times bring us closer to Him. Fear, struggle, and heartbreak all lead us back to God.
Something hit me recently, and it hit me hard. It's so simple, yet very hard to grasp and utilize and that is that God is not only testing us in the bad times, but He is testing us even more fervently in the good times. In the bad times we run to Him, we cling to Him. The best way to get through a struggle is to cling to God.
But what if He's watching us even more intently during the good times?
Good times and blessings bring about extreme carelessness. I have found that I forget to read my Bible, forget to pray, and simply coexist with God in times of happiness, which should be the opposite of what should occur when I am blessed.
When we are blessed with good times, shouldn't we seek God even more?
I think so. I think we need to yearn for God's presence and sing praises to Him constantly while we are happy. If God is pouring blessings down upon you, you should be pouring praise back to Him, talking with Him constantly, wanting just to be with Him.
I'm not writing this to anyone, I'm just saying. It's fact.
Food for thought. I am sleepy.

1 comment:

  1. Well Well Well. I am much older than you and it is still difficult for me to remember that God is there when things are good, and He's still there when things are bad.

    Mr. Cox

    ReplyDelete